3D Design

3D Design

I have a serious problem to create revolution of edges – round the edges!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The problem is the I create a small shaft and it is not possible to create rounded edges. I want to create them and I take the command and it seems it works, however at the end it does not. So what shall I do in this case. Please see a picture at the bottom. You can see what has ben drawed in lines at the picture below. Thanks for your solutions, I do it in Ansys 19.0

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So now I have realized that I have done it by half of the section not the whole what I was doing, so now it is much better, however I cannot finish it with the angle of 360 degree, but only 359,999 degree. And I do not know why. There is a picture to show it. Thanks for your ideas. Jiri

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

looks like your sketch does not have a closed loop. it has some hanging edge. please correct it to have a closed loop. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, I will try to do it. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

This was wonderfull, but I am not able to find the mistake at all and creating a new object and not able to find the problem...

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

please go to sketch. then trim the extra line in that loop near axis. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I will try this, however the other side does not have the slot for the skrewdriver and makes the same probles, so I do not understand this at all.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Amazing result, so now I will remember this, it was really fine. Thanks and I will try the second one without the hole for the screw-driver.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The only problem exists is the other one, because it does not work at all and I do not know what to do with it!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So at the end, it worked, but I had to have the lenght of 0.0002 mm and it worked pretty well, so I have to think about it! Thanks a lot

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

glad that it worked. 

if this helps you, please mark this post as 'is solution' to help others on forum.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

OK, I will do it! Thanks

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.