Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

I have student version of ANSYS 2019 R3. Do I have to download 4.73 GB file again to renew license?

• Vasanth
      Subscriber
      I have to renew license for Ansys version. Previously ANSYS used to have license text file which we could download and update license. Now for a small file in kbs, do we need to download the whole 4.73 GB file again? My internet connection is really slow and it will be great help if there is any workaround for this.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      You do need to follow this post for renewal. https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19805/how-to-renew-ansys-student-product-license#latestn
    • Vasanth
      Subscriber
      I just downloaded the whole file and then extracted WIN64 and did everything mentioned in post. There is no change in status. Still I am not seeing any toolbox (I manually reset workspace and all that). I need to run some important simulations. Can you please help? Note: I opened license file in newly downloaded ANSYS. It says 31-Aug-2020 date. Does this have any significance? n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Did you download the 2020R2 version, as that is the version with the updated license file.n
    • Vasanth
      Subscriber
      I downloaded 2019 R3 version as it was recommended for Cornell tutorial. I completely uninstalled older Ansys and deleted roaming, app_data file and then installed newly downloaded ANSYS 2019 R3 version from Ansys website. It's not working. Can you please tell me where I went wrong? I mean if someone freshly downloads 2019 R3 version from website, won't it work? Thanks a lot for your time.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      To renew the license, you must download the 2020R2 version. The older builds do not include new licenses. To renew you must download the latest version and then extract the license file from that. It states the license expiration date right on the download page for each version.nnThanks,nMattn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.