April 9, 2020 at 6:28 pmAymanbaliSubscriber
April 9, 2020 at 7:21 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In Workbench, look in the Toolbox and below the full analysis systems are Components. One of them is External Model. Drag one of them out onto the Project Schematic. Edit that and point to the mesh file and Update. Drag out a Static Structural. Drag the External Model Setup cell onto the Model line of the Static Structural.
- What program generated the mesh?
- What export format was used to write the mesh out of that program?
- Where was the geometry created for that mesh?
April 9, 2020 at 7:35 pmAymanbaliSubscriber
thank you for the answer , i generated the mesh in a program called rhinoceros , i could export in many formats, what format would be the best? the geomatry for that mesh i did also in rhinoceros
April 9, 2020 at 7:54 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The best format is ANSYS, the next best is NASTRAN, then ABAQUS. What formats are available?
April 9, 2020 at 8:00 pm
April 9, 2020 at 8:07 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.