General Mechanical

General Mechanical

I want to view a specific area of results on different sections of a large body – how do I define A?

• kmd14
      Subscriber

I have results - when I select the element tool to create a results file at a specific location, I am able to view the results.

However, I want to be able to define the area.

Example: I want to view results on a single body at 3 locations. I have called them location A, B and C, and I want to compare the stress distribution at the 3 locations under a given load. However, to be able to discuss my results, I need to be able to define the area I have selected, as the area affects the results.

I also want to compare the stress distribution at 1 location when selecting different areas.

How do I do this? Where can I see what area of elements I have selected for results viewing?

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

You can arnode() command.

arnode() works onselected nodes and elements.For example, if you select the nodes at the inner face of cylinder ,i.e. at x = inner radius 'r' (x is in radial direction)
      nsel,s,loc,x,r
      Then, usearnode() to query the area of the selected nodes.Users typically want the surface or edge associated with the selected nodes (representing aportionof the original solid model geometry).Hence, we typically usearnode() when a subset of nodes are selected, and the area returned should reflect the element face length/area for the selected nodes.

Please see if the following link helps:

How to properly utilize Arnode in APDL to calculate areas? ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.