April 5, 2022 at 4:44 amHassan_AUT1991Subscriber
The spherical shell body is present in a viscoelastic medium; what type of contacts and elements I shall use between the medium and spherical body. (I am trying to simulate a biological environment)
The body also contains fluid within; what type of contact I shall define between the body and fluid within?
Kind regardsApril 6, 2022 at 8:18 amVigneswaran SridharanAnsys EmployeeHi Modal analysis is alinear analysisso we can not include nonlinearities (large deflections, contacts (frictional), and material nonlinearities). We can ofcourse include large deflections (geom. nonlin.) in a static analysis (and of course plasticity and frictional contacts), but not in modal.
The viscoelastic model is used when the large-deflection effects are active (NLGEOM,ON).
I suggest you look at this forum discussion modal analysis for structures under water considering p-delta effect (large deformation/deflection) ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- Mesh Generation Taking a Long Time
Top Rated Tags