November 25, 2020 at 5:55 pmskdubeySubscriberDear Friends, nI have to understand the flow dynamic through the gas cylinder with inlet and outlet and it include the piston too, outlet fluid is affected by the vertical oscillation movement of the piston. na. I have created the body in the solid work, which will be best .extension to import, I am using Parasolid? nb. How can we create that movement using moving mesh, do I need to write udf? For UDF, can we use matlab or just C++ code?nc. I am not sure, how can create the movement or start tacking this problem? Can anyone suggest any good example to begin with, later on I can look for the complexity?n
November 25, 2020 at 8:41 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberI can only answer part a. of your question. I recommend you post questions b. and c. in the Fluids category and not the Structures category.nThe best file format to use to prepare geometry for meshing is Parasolid.nDesignModeler requires you to export to Parasolid first, then use File, Import External Geometry File.nSpaceClaim can open SolidWorks directly, so you don't need to export from SolidWorks, and it can also open Parasolid. In either case, use File, Open and set the file type.n
November 26, 2020 at 1:34 pmskdubeySubscriberThanks Peteroznewa
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.