August 12, 2019 at 3:18 pmkmkb21Subscriber
I have been attempting to mesh a 2D airfoil in bounded flow, and have not been able to produce a mesh without errors. After computing the mesh, it says that there are holes in the mesh and asks if i'd like to see them, and then shows tets on the boundaries and bodies. The errors are as follows:
Your geometry has a hole, do you want to repair it?
too many open faces
.... and 180058 more error messages ...
faces are missoriented
I have set global parameters and part parameters.
Am I missing a step?
August 13, 2019 at 9:21 amRobAnsys Employee
I'd suggest switching to Workbench (ANSYS) Meshing as it's much easier to use. ICEM CFD is mainly used for complex 3d hex meshes and isn't the most novice friendly of the ANSYS products.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.