Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ICEM with strange text

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am new to the Ansys world. I just started to do Fluent simulations with an academic license (Ansys R19.2 Academic). And I work on a linux server, which i access over thinlinc. ICEM 19.2 has strange/unreadable text (see picture in attached file!). The strange thing is that this is only the case in ICEM. The Workbench, Fluent, CFX5 postprocessing look fine. It is just ICEM that is like that.

Does anybody has an idea, what I need to do to fix this?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you post the image: staff are not permitted to open/download attachments. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

As an aside, unless you REALLY need hex mesh use either Workbench (Ansys) Meshing or Fluent Meshing (if you're using Fluent).  ICEM CFD isn't as commonly used now and isn't the easiest tool to learn. 

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

Hi, I didn't know how to add pictures. Just saw the icon..

Thanks by the way...

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

unless you REALLY need hex mesh use either Workbench (Ansys) Meshing or Fluent Meshing (if you're using Fluent).

The thing is that i build on previous work, which was done in Icem. It is basically combustion with a burner flame (ax symmetry). So it wasn't strictly hexahedral/cubic cells, but squares. These are calculated by fluent to a 2D-Simulation (axis symmetry). Is this considered to be a hex mesh or could it be done in fluent meshing as well?

Thanks,

Jakob

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

Additional info: I just saw that the terminal shows these messages:

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Fair enough, we're tending to use a lot of poly meshes for Fluent now. 

Looking at the images I suspect it's screen resolution/font libraries so see if you can tweak the image window resolution. 

• Jak1428
      Subscriber

Hi, btw this solved the problem for me:

https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ansys-meshing/89147-error-when-starting-icem-cfd-ubuntu.html#post539158

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.