LS Dyna

LS Dyna

ICFD- Volume Results

• Laura Pałys
      Subscriber

Hello, does anyone know how to get the results for the entire volume domain automatically generated by ICFD? I need to calculate the shear stresses. For this purpose, I need information about the velocity gradients or shear rate. How to generate this information for each time step?

I will be grateful for every information.

Best,

Laura

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello Laura,

It is usually better to visualize the results on a section of the volume instead of the full volume.

You can output the shear as follows:

An alternative is to output the drag using *ICFD_DATABASE_DRAG. See the user manual for more information.

Let me know if this answers your question on not.

Reno.

• Laura Pałys
      Subscriber

Hello, Reno

I agree that sometimes it's better to visualize results only for individual sections. In my case, I need this information to use them to calculate other flow equations. Therefore, I need this information in the form of an external file to be able to perform calculations on it.

Best,

Laura

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello Laura,

Have you tried *ICFD_DATABASE_DRAG? See the user manual Vol III for more information. This keyword creates a text file output for the drag force.

Reno.

• Laura Pałys
      Subscriber

The best solution is to calculate the shear stresses in Ensight or Paraview. The topic can be closed.

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello Laura,

Thank you for letting me know. I saw that my colleague asked the developer for advice on this. Here is the post for the benefit of other users:

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/viscous-drag-force-into-shear-stress-value/

Have a good day!

Reno.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.