Electronics

Electronics

Identical geometry/ setup but different results?

• ccandelora
      Subscriber

Hi there,

I am new to Ansys Maxwell (used HFSS prior) and I seem to be experiencing a strange phenomenon with Ansys Maxwell. I am running a simulation with two coils that are assigned a current excitation. I ran this simulation three times with an identical solution setup, and every simulation yielded a different H-Vector fields, which doesn't make sense since there were no changes in the geometry. The main distinction between the three is that there are giant H field spikes along the coil at different places. I was wondering if anyone knew the potential cause of this and how to go about resolving it (or if there is any way to remove outlier points from my results).

Thanks in advance!

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Look at the below discussion to remove the outlier point/arrows.
      I am not sure how your model geometry looks. You can refine mesh at the airgaps and round surfaces to get more accurate results.

Regards Navya
    • ccandelora
      Subscriber

Thank you for linking me to this discussion. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue. These spikes I'm experiencing are sort of anomalous since, given the symmetry of the geometry, there should be no reason for these spikes. I was wondering if there is any way to "clean up" or completely remove this outlier from the data, not just mask it by modifying plot attributes. Could it perhaps be a more fundamental issue with the mesh, or could my computer not be up to the proper specs?
      Thanks!
      Chris
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      too coarse mesh (low precision setup) can cause any fluctuations.
      weird or variating vectors in the report are not always related to very different solutions. They can just sample different data near the field peculiarities; but the average results may be the same.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.