November 8, 2022 at 3:34 pmFederico ParisiniSubscriber
hi, I've been trying to solve a problem in static structural in 2d for hours, as an error he puts the question mark next to the geometry and gives the message "links are not valid for 2d model ansys". I have followed the steps carefully and I cannot understand this message. Surely it is a mistake related to the design modeler. I drew in the design modeler, and first I put 19 "2d analysis" in the property. I don't know what to do anymore please help me not to go crazy
November 8, 2022 at 3:35 pm
November 8, 2022 at 3:36 pm
November 8, 2022 at 3:48 pmhenriquegpoSubscriber
I am not sure, because I am a newbie in Ansys. But I would guess that Mechanical cannot interpret a single line body made by two lines. If I were you, I would try to separate the geometry into two different bodies and connect them using bonded contact.
November 8, 2022 at 10:34 pmFederico ParisiniSubscriber
actually it was enough to do the analysis in 3d and not in 2d, as Mike Rife suggested, but thanks a lot anyway!
November 8, 2022 at 4:11 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
Hi Federico Parisini
Workbench Mechanical supports line (beam elements) as 3D bodies only for structural analyses.
November 8, 2022 at 10:35 pmFederico ParisiniSubscriber
Thank you very much!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.