November 13, 2020 at 7:49 pmjbocaSubscriberInstalling ANSYS was a nightmare and now that It's been installed has been breaking every other week. nThe default port (1055) on the license server is not default and Ansys server keeps opening random ports above 50000. After having this issue multiple times now, nI'm just a student trying to use ANSYS for some research. I do not have access to the server machine, nor do I have the expertise to answer any questions regarding how the server machine is setup. I have created this post to that others can know to have their technical support try looking for undocumented ports via lmutil commands.nIf anyone knows why this happening, please take some time to bestow it upon me. n
November 13, 2020 at 7:52 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys EmployeeThe ansyslmd port is dynamic by default, running on any available port. The lmgrd port is by default set to 1055, but can be changed by the person managing the server. They can also set ansyslmd to a static port by adding PORT=XXXXX on the VENDOR line of the license file, where XXXXX is their chosen port. This would then allow any firewalls to be opened to the necessary ports.nnThanksnMattn
November 19, 2020 at 3:45 pmjbocaSubscriberThank you Matt!n
- The topic ‘I’m having the same issue as this post https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/5669/flexlm-error-15’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
- Unable to delete system in Ansys Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.