February 27, 2022 at 11:38 amRex_SainiSubscriber
Failed to import "C:RohanCreo ound-practice.prt.1"February 28, 2022 at 3:14 pmRobAnsys EmployeeWeird, the generic readers ought to work. I'm less sure about the specific CAD vendors formats though. What error do you see with a STEP file?
February 28, 2022 at 6:04 pmRex_SainiSubscriberSame error failed to import STEP file also IGES. But when I configured my Creo parametric with workbench it was working but only instantaneous sharing. Still unable to open any other format.
February 28, 2022 at 6:26 pmGeorge KarnosAnsys EmployeeAccording to the Free Student Page the only Geometry imports suported are:
Neutral format import IGES, STEP
Parasolid (native within Ansys DesignModeler)
If you check the following file, do you see any errors:
C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\install.log
C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\install.err
C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v212\CADConfigLogs\Latest\CADConfigurationMgr.log
No not attach the files, as we are not permitted to open them
If you see errors, please post the error textMarch 1, 2022 at 12:56 pmRex_SainiSubscriberI don't know what the problem was but I reinstalled it and now it's working.
Thank you for your responses.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.