LS Dyna

LS Dyna

I’m very new to ANSYS and for a project, I have to do an analysis of rail fastening system.

• Gladiator
      Subscriber

I'm very new to ANSYS and for a project, I have to do an analysis of the rail fastening system. From what I've seen on youtube, I'll need to do explicit dynamic analysis. Can someone please guide me in that. I have to submit the analysis in a week.

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      can you elaborate exactly what you want to achieve like process of fastening or force evaluation to start, you can also post images of what you have done.
      Cheers, Ram
    • Gladiator
      Subscriber
      Can you please share personal contact? I'll text you there if it is fine.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please describe what you want to achieve in the analysis. Also post images of the geometry.
      I don't put my personal contact info into these posts because they are visible worldwide and I can't erase the information one hour after posting when the editing time expires and the post becomes read-only.
      When using this site, you should know that Ansys employees, such as Ram, are not permitted to open any attachments. When you have an image, use the Image button below to put it in the post, don't use the Attachment button to attach the image file into the post.
      You should also know that if you want to share your model with non-Ansys members like me, you can Attach a .wbpz file to your post. You create that file by using File, Archive in Workbench. When you attach the model, also say what version of Ansys you are using.
    • Gladiator
      Subscriber
      I still haven't done any kind of analysis. I'm trying to figure out what I have to do. I need to see the behaviour of the fastening system when a wheel passes over the rail and I need to check the stresses, strains, forces generated during that. I also want to see if the system actually applies the required fastening pressure/load or toe load to keep the rails stable.
      I'll attach the ERC and insert geometry that I've already created. I hope it is visible to both of you. The process of generating solid models of other components of the elastic fastening system is still going on.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      I suggest you start with a Static Structural analysis where you can analyze the contact pressure that the fastening system applies to the rail when there is no wheel load, and then apply a wheel load to see how the pressure and the stress change. Do you know how much force a single wheel applies to the rail?
    • Gladiator
      Subscriber
      As far as what I've read, there is almost no contact pressure in the elastic fastening system. If I'm stating anything wrong, please correct me.
      Talking about the wheel forces, no data was provided and we are searching the data through various research papers.
      I'll try the static structural analysis and will inform you what happens.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.