October 17, 2020 at 8:07 amBansal123SubscriberHello , I am solving ball on plate impact simulation in Explicit dynamics. I want to calculate the Equivalent stress in plate at the moment when ball comes to rest . I am not sure how to make velocity zero.I have given the initial velocity in initial conditions. Please help me out..n
October 18, 2020 at 12:02 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberArrayWhen you say comes to rest do you mean when the velocity of the ball is instantaneously zero at the point of maximum deformation of the plate and moments later, the ball will reverse direction and rebound off the plate? You can see that in the results by plotting the directional velocity of the ball.nWhat is the material of the ball and plate and what type of material properties are you using?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.