General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Impact analysis

• Nand
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am using ansys explicit to solve impact analysis of metallic sphere on metallic sphere, I want to give initial temperature to entire body or temperature gradient in body, please help me how to do this ?

Thanks

Nand

• Kai
      Ansys Employee

Hi Nand,

What is the objective of giving initial temperature? The body has is prestressed due to temperature load. You may run a static structural analysis in which temperature load is supported and then import results to explicit dynamics (prestressed explicit dynamics).

Thanks,

• Nand
      Subscriber

thanks I will try this.

• Nand
      Subscriber

I am trying to simulate cold spray of metallic particle on metallic substrate in which particle will have temperature as well as velocity.

• Nand
      Subscriber

Hi Kcao,

this will not solve my problem because in explicit for taking consideration of high strain rate I am using J-C material mode which is not supported in static structural analysis.

any other suggestion ?

for clarity I am explaining my problem:

I am doing cold spraying simulation of metallic particle on metallic body. now metallic particle will have temperature and velocity during impact, and this whole process involves very high strain rate so I am using JC- material problem. Now, my problem is how to give different initial temperature to particle.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.