General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Import AS4-3502 material properties to ansys for a composite laminate simulation

• NadjouaB
      Subscriber

Hello,

I need to create AS4-3502 as a new material in ANSYS, and these are the only properties that I have. I know that these were enough to use in abaqus but I don't know if for the same simulation (simulation of transverse crack and delamination of this material under a uniaxial tensile stress) in ansys these same properties would still be enough. If they're not enough, could you please suggest to me a way to get the needed data and import it to ansys ? Thank you.

• Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, you will need to define fracture criteria in order to model fracture and **** propagation in Ansys. Please search for ansys fracture to find tutorial on how to simulate fracture in Ansysn
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      nUsing this reference https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S002076831000404XnT is the thickness direction. This corresponds to Z in Engineering data (EZ)nL and W are in-plane directions which could be X and Y directions in Engineering data (EX, EY)nIn Engineering data, you need to specify all 9 properties.nExample:nYou can compute the missing propertiesnCheck this help page and see if it helps: 2.1. Structural Fundamentals (ansys.com)nn
    • NadjouaB
      Subscriber
      Thank you n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.