February 4, 2023 at 8:52 am
February 6, 2023 at 5:07 amMike RifeAnsys Employee
A 'dat' file is not an enforced format; so it would help to know what format the file is, and from which FEA program did it come? Mike
February 6, 2023 at 1:34 pmchonkiat.leeSubscriber
Hi Mike, it is generated for nastran based format from solidworks. Thanks.
February 6, 2023 at 3:58 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
Ok please review the Ansys Workbench Help; Working Through a System; Component Systems; External Model. There are a lot of links to follow w.r.t. differing topics of this. So also check any warnings/errors that Workbench, External Model, or Mechanical might have issued for clues. Also which version of WB are you using? I suspect that maybe the dat file has very little content and instead inputs some other file(s). If so maybe the version of WB that you are using does not support that type of input file nesting. MIke
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.