General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Import Fluent results in Mechanical APDL

• Docscap
      Subscriber

Hi

I'm studing a hydrofoil and I follow the FSAE aerodinamics tutorial for the fluid-dynamics analysis to know the stresses. I used the tetragonal mesh to make possible to import the files in Ansys Mechanical APDL but I wasn't able to do that.

I want to know if it's possible to import the pressure field of a particular foil surface in APDL and if it's possible how to do.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Any reason you want to import it to APDL? You can look into the following video of importing the model in Ansys Mechanical. Ansys Mechanical has a better and more user-friendly GUI.

" target="blank">Ansys-Uçak Kanadı Analizi (Aircraft Wing Analysis) - YouTube

Regards Ashish Khemka

• Docscap
    Subscriber
    Thanks for reply. I want to import it to APDL because I want to know what's the effect of the water flow in the foil to obtain the forces and pressures.
    Am I wrong? There's other way to do that?
  • Erik Kostson
    Ansys Employee
    Hi as mentioned

It is much easier to do this inside workbench by simply coupling a CFD system and a Static System as shown below - this will transfer forces from the cfd system to the static system where we can look at the deformation of this structure due to the fluid flow :
    All the best

Erik
  • Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.