April 2, 2020 at 11:33 amSiddharth98Subscriber
I'm trying to import a .ipt file of a perforated pipe (figure attached) in design modeller but getting several error messages as follows:
1. No compatible interface found for this file type
2. Geometry interface not found
3. Attach failed.
Although I was able to import in Space Claim, I couldn't assign fluid body to interior of pipe there and also couldn't find symmetry feature.
Please suggest some methods.
April 2, 2020 at 12:37 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
After the Geometry successfully imports into SpaceClaim, close that program. In Workbench, right click on the Geometry cell and Open with DesignModeler.
April 3, 2020 at 7:37 amSiddharth98Subscriber
After opening geometry in design modeler, I'm unable to fill hollow space for fluid entity. Besides fill option, I've also tried Volume extract option in Space claim but the file couldn't be saved then (exceeded geometry limits). I'm attaching screenshots of the same.
Without following above steps, I can't mesh fluid body. Please give some suggestions.
Thanks a lot,
April 3, 2020 at 10:15 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
April 6, 2020 at 7:15 am
April 7, 2020 at 4:26 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.