October 5, 2022 at 6:25 amYonathanZSubscriber
I'm learning Ansys via book and it demonstrates creating frames using line bodies in Design Modeler. I am far more comfortable using SolidWorks for modeling and would like to know if there's a method to import the geometry created by SW as a line body.
October 5, 2022 at 9:36 amnishantsinghbmeSubscriber
Use CCM (cad configuration manager) to interface SW with ansys.
Hope this will work
October 5, 2022 at 10:59 amYonathanZSubscriber
The Ansys plugin for SW is just a faster way to send the SW file into Ansys, it doesn't help with the conversion.
What I'm asking is, let's say I have a 3D sketch in SW that I'd like to be treated as a line body in Ansys, what's the way to do it?
October 5, 2022 at 11:46 amnishantsinghbmeSubscriber
yes if bodies have constant cross-section it can be converted to line bodies by extract tool under prepare tab in ansys spaceclaim
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.