Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Import mesh from GAMBIT to Mechanical

• guimilan
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I'm doing FSI simulation in ANSYS 17.2, and meshed both the solid and the fluid domain in GAMBIT 2.4.6. I have no problem in importing the fluid mesh in Fluent, while to import in Mechanical it's a bit tricky. I export the mesh from GAMBIT, then import it in the External Model component system and share with the Transient Structural system. My questions are:

- Can this tricky process compromize the simulation, like causing a mismatch at the fluid-solid interface?

- Is there any way to import a mesh directly from GAMBIT to the Transient Structural block?

Thank you for your help!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Given GAMBIT hasn't been developed in about 10 years and R17 is 3 years out of date I'd suggest updating to 2019R2 when you can. 

If the mesh is transferred then there shouldn't be a mismatch. If you're remeshing that's likely to not match.  How are you controlling the FSI data transfer?

• guimilan
      Subscriber

Thank you for your answer rwoolhou,

I am doing remeshing at each iteration. Data transfer are force (under relax factor 0.3) and incremental displacement. Is that what you meant by controlling the FSI data transfer?

Best

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Not quite: what transfers the data from Mechancial back to Fluent? 

• guimilan
      Subscriber

I guess is the System Coupling that tranfers data. Anyway I tried to run the simulation and it seems to work with no problem.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.