September 3, 2021 at 4:05 pmAriFurlanSubscriber
I'm trying to do modal and harmonic analysis of a piezoelectric cantilever beam in WB.
I made the model in APDL: i defined density, anisotropic elasticity, piezoelectric matrix and piezoresistivity. the geometry of the model and i meshed it.
I imported the .cdb file in WB, using the component system "external model", but WB does not seem to be able to read the APDL matrices... Any suggestions?
I post the main stamps.
Thanks a lot to anyone who will help me :)September 6, 2021 at 8:44 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHello
That is not possible - please use the latest release (2021 R2) where we have native piezo+structural coupled physics modal or harmonic systems (see last image below) - this is the recommended workflow and we can now input our properties for the piezo straight into engineering data (see below) making it easy to define these properties and analyses these type of systems.
2021 R2 screenshots:
February 19, 2022 at 3:16 amShanukaSubscriberHi I am struggling with the same question
I can't model the PZT-5H material I already tried what you have mentioned above. But can you kindly send more screenshots and any command files to model PZT material.
I would really appreciate if you can help me to model the PZT material in ANSYS.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags