General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Imported pressure from Fluent

• charlietran
      Subscriber
      Hi guys!nI'm doing a structural simulation of a 3D wing using pressure distribution on wing surface calculated directly from Fluent. The exported file has a following format:nNodeID x-coordinate y-coordinate z-coordinate Pressure(relative)nI use External Data component to load the pressure file, and then connect this external data to Setup section of Static Structural system. After that, I go to Static Structural system, define fixed support, describe mapping surfaces and run the simulation. My question: Is the process above correct ? Or Do I need to modify the imported pressure file (convert data to absolute pressure instead of relative)?n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hi - I think this question (relative or absolute pressure) would be better to post in the fluids forum as you might get more feedback.nnI would rephrase it slightly so to ask if relative or absolute pressures should be exported from fluent for a downstream structural analysis.nnAlso it should be possible to drag the solution cell from fluent to the set up cell of the static system (instead of using external data). See here for
      the bestnnErikn
    • charlietran
      Subscriber
      nI know that it is better to use one way FSI using Fluent and Mechanical, but for now I don't have access to Fluent analysis system. The CFD simulation is made by another team and they gave me the relative pressure distribution. So I must use External Data component to load and import pressure to Structural analysis. Could I use this distribution directly or need to make some modifications?n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      It should be OK with external data - but I think we should close this post here, and then as mentioned, ask if relative or absolute pressure should be used for the mapping, in the fluids forum.nnAll the bestnnErikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.