Fluids

Fluids

Importing External Data (That’s NOT exported from ANSYS) in to ANSYS

• Samar
      Subscriber

Hi,

Did anyone tried to import data that's is NOT previously exported from any of the modules in ANSYS using the "External Data" feature in Workbench.

To be more clear i would like to import data from the (Molecular Optical Simulation Environment "MOSE" software program) that generates a .txt file in a specific format totally different from the ANSYS format. So should i write code "Using MATLAB for example" to convert the format of the output to be the same format as ANSYS  or there is some way to do so ?

Please Note that:
      ->> I Know how the data generated from MOSE program displayed and coordinates of each point
      ->> I know how to import external data that has been exported from one of ANSYS modules to be used as input for other module.

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

The "External Data" module is a convenient way to import external data and map it into the various workbench modules. Check the following videos for the format that is required:

Mapping by External Data system

• Samar
      Subscriber

Thank you but my problem is that the MOSE exports data in the following format:

That is the energy value at each point for all X, Y, and Z.

While ANSYS defines the imported data by columns; i.e.: Column.1 is Coordinate X, Column.2 is Coordinate Y, Column.3 is Coordinate Z, and Coulmn.4 is Internal Heat Generation then select which row i want to start importing data from. So when i import my data in such way it displays a totally different distribution for the heat. 

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber
      Samar, my bad that I didn’t realize you knew about the External Data import format. Unfortunately, tabular data organized in {X}, {Y}, {Z} and {Variable} columns is the only way the data could be imported. You could write a matlab script or even use excel to get to the required format. Hope that helps!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.