February 24, 2022 at 9:59 amtagrantSubscriber
Hi, I am trying to test a simulation with my geometry taking the shape of a series of images imported. Manually I have done this using the import image option, however I can't seem to see how to do this in a lsf, so that i can loop over a variety of geometries. Is this possible, and how should I go about this?
Thanks.February 24, 2022 at 6:31 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeIf you are importing an images, I strongly suggest that you manually do it, as you need to carefully check some parameters, in particular the threshold. Depending on the image quality and the geometry, you may need to adjust some of the parameters. I believe that it is intended not to do it by script.
If you believe the image quality is good, you can first convert it into binary data, then using script to import it again by script: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034382754-Binary-spatial-data-Simulation-object
February 25, 2022 at 10:42 amtagrantSubscriberThanks, it is working how i was hoping by importing the binary data.
February 25, 2022 at 5:22 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeBinary data will be better in your case. So you will need to pre-process the images beforehand.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.