February 22, 2022 at 5:40 pmhansenliSubscriber
I am trying to import a meshing file into an LS-DYNA case. This dat file is from Salome. When I tried to import it, it said that it cannot read the file due to wrong file name.February 22, 2022 at 10:03 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
The format should be similar to the Nastran deck sample below, otherwise it will not be imported in.
(So how a Nastran file for the mesh looks or should look like (GRID for nodes etc, CHEXA for HEX8 elements, CTRIA,..etc)):
$ NODES ------------------------------
$ ELEMENTS ------------------------------
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.