July 25, 2019 at 5:35 pmjlowe1124Subscriber
I have a solid works assembly with multiple different fans throughout different components. Since I don't want to have to go in and create those named selections every time I change the geometry, I added the name selections in the named selection manager of solid works. However all of the same model fan are getting grouped together and when you select one of the name selections in the mesh it selects all of them, and gives me the error of overlapping named selections.
July 29, 2019 at 1:08 pmRobAnsys Employee
That may only work if you have the SolidWorks reader installed, and I don't think that ships with the Student version. If you can read your model into SpaceClaim & the labels/named selections are retained then it should be OK.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.