March 2, 2022 at 6:51 pmschinta3Subscriber
I have a traditional model with an imported object representing a photonic crystal unit cell. I would like to use the new rwca solver, and have a few questions:
1) Do we only need the geometry struct of 1 unit cell to use the sovler.
2) Is it possible to use an import object in this struct.
3) Is it possible to create a CAD in standard FDTD and then pass those objects to rwca... or export that physical CAD to a 'geometry' struct for RWCAMay 6, 2022 at 10:10 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeSorry to reply you late, somehow this post went unnoticed.
A1: yes, one unit cell
A2: Currently it is limited to build geometry by script
A3: Currently it only has script
More improvements will be added as customers like you to request new features. Please file your request: Vote new features, and file your feature request
Please pay attention to the news release later.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.