April 30, 2023 at 5:12 pmmastojarSubscriber
I'm facing the following problem with importing .unv mesh file from Salome to Fluent.
Even though the mesh is 3D Fluent gives me an error that I'm trying to load 2D mesh into a 3D solver.
"Error at host: A 2d grid read into 3D solver"
Is anyone else having a similar problem?
May 1, 2023 at 3:39 pmmastojarSubscriber
I just learned that I could import an I-deas Universal mesh file to Fluent mesher. Fluent User's Guide for 2022R1 says (on page 1064) that there are three ways to import .unv file to Ansys Fluent. First, import it directly into Fluent (which does not work in my case because of the error). Second, use fe2ram filter, and third, import it to Fluent mesher.
I'm interested on this last option, but it says that I need to use some commands. I could not find anything related to that in the user's guide, so I'm asking here if someone knows the procedure. This could help me with the original problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.