June 14, 2020 at 7:23 am
June 15, 2020 at 12:43 pmKarthik RAdministrator
Please take a look at your geometry and make sure that there are no overlapping volumes there.
Also, could you please perform 'Share Topology' on your geometry in SpaceClaim?
June 16, 2020 at 10:01 amAlireza_EsmailySubscriber
How can i prepare an heat-sink? I need a muscular method.
June 16, 2020 at 12:13 pmKarthik RAdministrator
I'd suggest that you draw the heat sink pretty much from scratch. Here are some very high-level steps.
- Create a rectangle and extrude it so you get a cuboid.
- Enter the 2D sketch mode and draw the cross-section of a fin on one of the side faces of the cuboid.
- Extrude this 2D fin in the third direction and you would have your 3D fin.
- Repeat this process to generate the other fin structures.
Again, these are very high level instructions. If you were to search on YouTube, you should be able to find a video on how to create the geometry (may be nor the exact steps, but it should give you a good place to get started).
Here is a how-to video on a similar application. Again, this might not answer your exact question. But, you should be able to use the learnings from this video and employ it to your modeling needs.
I hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.