September 1, 2022 at 6:37 amafshiin.aSubscriber
We know that by applying an impulse signal to the system, the impulse response of that system is obtained. I want to know how to calculate the impulse response of an arbitrary circuit in Lumerical.
For example, I want to calculate the impulse response of a microring resonator in MODE or FDTD.
Thank you for your guidance.
September 3, 2022 at 12:58 amKyleAnsys Employee
The simplest way to do this would probably be to use an optical impulse source (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036107594) then record the output with an optical oscilloscope (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036107134).
September 6, 2022 at 7:51 pmafshiin.aSubscriber
Thank you 🙂
September 6, 2022 at 8:02 pmKyleAnsys Employee
Rereading your post, it seems I misread it. When you mentioned “arbitrary circuit” I assumed you meant INTERCONNECT, but if you want to calculate the impulse response in FDTD or MODE then you will need a different approach because we can’t actually use an impulse source. The DFT monitors in FDTD/varFDTD calculate the transfer function by default, which is the Fourier domain representation of the impulse response. I’m not sure of the details, but I believe you should be able to turn this into the impulse response through an inverse Fourier transform. This page has more information on this: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034915813
September 11, 2022 at 7:37 amafshiin.aSubscriber
Thanks for your attention.🙏
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency