General Mechanical

General Mechanical

In case of remote point and remote displacement constrainer which one should I choose ?

• munkhunur
      Subscriber
      There are Remote point and Remote displacement controllers in the ansys workbrench. In case of making specific DOF constraint in the beam side (not in the beam end) which controller is right to make correct computation for my analysis? I am really damn confusing with that problem and sticking for several months. Is there anybody to answer this crazy question? nIn the experiment, we found buckling somewhere in the beam but I could not find this sheet in my simulation. I mean my simulation is shown completely different behavior than experiment. I have almost million times computed with various DOF constrainer both remote point and remote displacement controller. But still I do not know what is the difference between that remote point and remote displacement in this ansys. I know that only both takes million hours to calculate with unsuccessful results. I am disappointing. I do not want to give up. What should I do please tell me some suggestion in my struggling nUnur n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nThank you for posting your question. As per our Forum Rules of Conduct, please refrain from using obscene language when posting on this learning forum. The learning forum is primarily for sharing and exchanging ideas with other forum users. I'm editing your post to remove this profane language. nPlease review our detailed Forum Rules of Conduct here and abide by them when posting on this forum.nRegarding your simulation issue, please be patient and one of our forum users will help you with this soon.nThank you.nKarthikn
    • munkhunur
      Subscriber
      Dear KarthiknThank you for your prompt reply. nunurn
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      Remote point create a MPC constraint equation between the selected geometry and the point location. You can use the pin ball distance to limit the number of equations created. You have control over the behavior (rigid, deformable, coupled)nExamplenRed lines indicate the constraint equation:nnRemote displacement create a remote point. You can right click on remote displacement and select promote to remote point to see that in the tree. Then it provides you options to specify displacement at the remote point location. nWhat option to choose depends on what you are trying to simulate. From the description it is not very clear what you are trying to do. SO, I have provided a description on the remote point and remote displacementnTo see these red lines(constraint equation), you can click on solution information after you solve the model and switch to geometry in the graphics scree
    • munkhunur
      Subscriber
      Dear gnagapp,nThank you very very very much.  A cantilever beam is simulated with out of plane displacement constrained here. I tried to restrain this lateral displacement by Remote point (RP) and remote displacements (RD). As shown following figures.nWhat I did here is: nI applied RP whit this 4 points. When I apply this remote point with program controlled DOF into web stiffener, a stress is concentrated in that web stiffener. On the other hand, the stiffener deformed too much. This is not I expected. When I chose active and inactive options with different directions of DOF, this RP does not work well.nInstead op RP, RD controller was used here with selection of 6 edges as shown in the figures. But there is scoping method, where, RP selection is included inside of the scoping method window. What are differences between these inside of the scoping method RP and individual RP here? individual means it describe previous explanation. nI tried to find difference in many times. But could not get meaning. Thank you nBest regards,nUnur n nn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.