October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
The Euler Cell Over Emptied warning message indicates that a large volume fraction of a material ( > 0.9) is being transported into or out of an Euler cell in a single time step. AUTODYN issues this message to notify the user of potential numerical error caused by transporting excessive material in a single time step. The following recommendations may help alleviate this issue. 1. Use Internal Energy Transport (Global -> Transport). The AUTODYN default is Total Energy Transport. However, in explosive detonation calculations where the detonation products escape into a void at high speed, a better result may be achieved using internal energy transport, because that approach provides a more accurate determination of the internal energy in a cell, which in turn is then used in the explosive equation of state. 2. Increase the minimum Euler density (Material -> Modify -> Cutoffs). The escaping detonation products are typically at very low density. It is useful to limit the diffusion of extremely small masses by increasing this cutoff value. 3.Use a Maximum velocity cutoff of approximately 10,000 m/sec. The predicted velocities of very small masses of material escaping into a void can sometimes be unrealistic. You can limit this behavior by setting the Maximum velocity cutoff using Global -> Cutoffs.
October 5, 2017 at 11:39 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
In Explicit Dynamics, why is the "Euler Cell Over Emptied" message issued?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- If SCDM issues the message “Cannot open the document. Reason: Failed to load body geometry.” and the
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- In a harmonic analysis, is the damping produced by MP,DMPR; TB,SDAMP; and DMPSTR constant vs frequen
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- While projecting surfaces/curves onto cylindrical surfaces, the final shape sometimes deteriorates.
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- Why the section plane icon is grayed out in Mechanical windows ? How to make the section plane windo
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.