March 2, 2022 at 11:02 pmsagarSubscriber
In FDTD simulation is the T corresponds to the fundamental mode or all the modes correspond to total radiative dipole power? If so then we should expect propagation of only fundamental mode at the lower diameter of the dielectric waveguide but I am getting a huge difference where Ttotal = 0.414 and Tforward= 0.06 only. From where this extra factor is coming from ? where I have chosen the diameter of the waveguide in such a way that it only supports fundamental HE11 mode.March 4, 2022 at 6:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeThe frequency-domain monitor does not know "modes". It simply records E and H, and then calculates the transmitted power and normalizes it to the sourcepower to output T: transmission - Script command
In particular, when the source is dipole, the actual transmission should use dipolepower instead of sourcepower.
If you only need HE11, please use mode source or port to get it. Currently you are simulating the mode coupling instead of mode injection, which are two different simulations.
Other questions please refer the previous post: Mode expanding monitor in FDTD
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.