July 27, 2022 at 4:02 amchoi0652Subscriber
I'm trying to generate normal modes of in-plane vibration of 2D plate with 'Modal'.
The periodic boundary condition is applied to this 2D plate via 'linear periodic' in symmetry option.
But I got the error in the attached figure. It seems that linear periodic cannot be used in Modal analysis.
I think it is possible if normal modes are computed by using eigendecomposition of stiffness matrix and mass matrix by considering periodic boundary conditions. Any comment would be appreciated.
August 3, 2022 at 11:55 pmSheldon ImaokaAnsys Employee
What kind of 2D behavior did you specify? Is it plane stress, plane strain, or axisymmetry?
Also, which release of Ansys Mechanical are you using?
It should work for 2D plane stress and plane strain, for example. Be warned, however, that if you specify linear periodic, it's as if the portion is repeated indefinitely, so you would miss modes that would appear for a structure of finite length (or, in the case of plane stress, finite thickness, too, like out-of-plane bending modes).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display