Photonics

Photonics

In RCWA is posible excite with CIRCULAR POLARIZATION?

• DenpokFlaxify
      Subscriber

Hi everyone, I'm trying to understand the RCWA code but in the properties it doesn't permit to change the polarization, for example I want to send Circular polarization in that case I wanted to put: excitation.polarization = 45° but It is not a parameter, there is a posible to excite my structure in other way with circular pol.?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Thank you for your interest on the newly added solver RCWA.
      Currently it seems it only allows one polatization, either p or s, but not circular or elliptical polarization. and the current results are intensity/power quantities:
      Since this is a field solver, I believe that it can output field quantities, such as the complex Fresnel coefficients r,r',t and t'. However this will be a new feature. Could you please file a new feature request here? Vote new features, and file your feature request thank you!

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      You can also file a feature request that allows user to specify elliptical polarization.
    • DenpokFlaxify
      Subscriber
      Thank you to take time to answer the question, should be interesting to polarize the structure in circular or elliptically polarization. I hope in the future we can do it !
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.