May 4, 2023 at 8:30 pmcarlosoSubscriber
how can I calculate or see the value of the incident electric power in my simulations?
I been using a plane source passing through an aperture, and I want to know the electric field power after the aperture, since this is the incident field on the structure.
May 8, 2023 at 10:13 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
In this case, you can use transmission: transmission - Script command – Ansys Optics
Usually it is not necessary to measure the absolute power, since most devices work linearly to the input power. you can use "sourcepower" to multiply the transmission to get the transmitted power:
and most likely, you do not need to get the transmission either, since the sourcepower will change when you change the simulation cross section, except that this is a periodic structure.
For single, isolated aperture, usually people are interested the farfield pattern, and normalize it to max intensity of 1.
Please let me know you want something else.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.