March 10, 2022 at 8:49 pmCMU_engineer7Subscriber
I am using an axisymmetric model to determine the stress state due to a curing process for a layered composite. To start with, I am using a default material from the Cure Simulation library with some small edits, and I will change more properties in the future. My problem arises inconsistently and I am unable to see a pattern as to when I will get a correct vs. incorrect solution. Sometimes I will run the model and check the "Degree of Cure/Crystallisation" result and it looks correct (increasing 's' curve from 0 to ~92%). Other times, this value will stay at ~0 despite it being an identical model. To make sure I wasn't going crazy, I tried duplicating the system in workbench after running the model successfully. I then ran the duplicated system and received the result described above (Degree of cure = 0). How can I begin to understand this problem? Is there something specific in the Solver Output I should be looking for? Thank you.March 14, 2022 at 8:52 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following link helps you:
ANSYS Composite Cure Simulation USER GUIDE ÔÇö ANSYS Composite Cure Simulation 2021 R2 documentation
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.