November 13, 2023 at 9:30 amFateme SalahshuriSubscriber
If i want to simulate the incoupling of light into the waveguide using edge coupling, what would be the best way to see the transmission?
1. using a x normal field monitor?
2. Using ports?
Should the monitor or the port be as big as my waveguide in y span and z span?
If i cover a larger geometry with the monitor or port, Would I see the transmission inside the cladding as well?
November 23, 2023 at 11:31 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I apologize for the late reply. We seem to have missed your post somehow. If you just want to look at the total transmission, then you can use either of them as both of them can give you the total transmission. But I would recommend you to use a x-normal DFT monitor as ports usually have larger memory requirements. The ports are combination of mode source, DFT monitor and mode expansion monitor, so if you want to see how much of the total power is coupling into a specific forward/backward propagating mode, then you can use Ports.
Yes, that is correct, if there is some leakage into the cladding and the monitor is large enough to cover the cladding as well, then it would account for the transmission there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.