September 22, 2020 at 3:00 amselwoottonSubscriber
I am trying to model a simple indentation test with a sphere tipped indenter and a cylindrical model. I have quartered the model for computational speed and have had success previously with non spherical indenters but for some reason get alot of noice on the deformation of the model with a spherical indenter.
It may have something to do with my contacts? or mesh? but I have student version only so my mesh refinement is limited.
I have tried changing contacts from frictionless, bonded to bonded MPC but none seem to give a good outcome.
attached are some images to add context.September 24, 2020 at 12:01 amKaiAnsys Employeehave you tried to plot contact status? It may be worth plotting it to see if the initial contact was setup correctly. You can do that by adding a Contact Tool.nSeptember 24, 2020 at 12:22 ampeteroznewmanSubscribertry reducing the element size at the point of contact and use Frictional contact.nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.