September 5, 2018 at 6:02 amAladzhovSubscriber
I have a simple model : a coil fed with current and a wire located at a distace from the coil.
Can i figure out what current will be induced in this wire?
*The model is in Maxwell 3D, magnitostatic.
September 5, 2018 at 12:18 pmmchristiAnsys Employee
The Maxwell Eddy Current or Transient Magnetic solver can be used to determine induced current in a wire. Multiple windings can be simulated having a current or voltage source in one winding (coil) and a 2nd passive winding (wire) with induced voltage and current flow. A conductive path for current flow must be provided for both windings (either start&stop conductors which are open and extend to the region boundary OR conductors forming a closed loop, as shown below).
The Maxwell Magnetostatic solver cannot determine induced currents directly but will return the inductive matrix containing the mutual inductance and coupling coefficient.
Please reference Maxwell online help topic: "Introduction to Maxwell" for a description of the various solvers and their capabilities.
September 5, 2018 at 12:53 pmAladzhovSubscriber
Thanks you, @mchristi
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.