March 25, 2018 at 3:22 pmAndrea159357Subscriber
I was wondering why i can't generate a mesh using this two commands. Are they mutual exlusive? i can't generate a mesh with both face meshing and inflation. Why?
March 25, 2018 at 5:39 pm
March 26, 2018 at 12:57 amAndrea159357Subscriber
First of all i want to thank you for your prompt reply. I'm a new user so i'm sorry but i dont't know the specifics terms and the right procedure to mesh a 2D airfoil in a right way. I don't know if i have understood pretty well. I'm using face meshing to obtain a structured mesh but i want to add a boundary layer with inflation. Is there a way to obtain it without using both the commands?
March 26, 2018 at 1:40 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The way to have both a structured mesh and an inflation layer is to split the fluid domain into four sided pieces, then each piece will mesh with quadrilateral elements naturally and inflation can be added at the walls.
Sometimes inflation mesh controls don't work the way you want them to, but if you have split the fluid domain into four sided pieces, you can use edge sizing mesh controls with bias to push the elements to one edge and create an inflation layer. That was done in this example.
Here is a video tutorial on meshing airfoils.
March 26, 2018 at 11:13 amAndrea159357Subscriber
March 26, 2018 at 1:19 pmAndrea159357Subscriber
Thanks a lot, i will do it right now. Too bad that ICEM CFD is not on academic licence.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.