April 27, 2022 at 1:47 pmPeppebruSubscriber
I'm working on my thesis project and I'm trying to improve my mesh. I have a 500mm pipe, plus 100mm of adiabatic surface on both side to assure the fully developed flow and improve the convergence, the diameter is 1mm. I need 1µ first layer thickness in the contact surface between fluid wall but using Inflaction the orhogonal quality becames very low in inlet and outlet, as you can see in the pictures, and when I go to use Fluent the software suggest me to increase that. What can I do to increase it?May 5, 2022 at 1:35 pmSwathi V. V.Ansys EmployeeHi
Please try to improve the mesh structure at the initial part of your domain, provided mesh is not purposefully created so. Why does the red zone have two inflation layers?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘Inflation problem on a heat transfer pipe’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Floating point exception
- How to indetify baffles in Fluent meshing
- How to delete elements on Ansys Workbench
- Meshing cylindrical bodies with holes
- Quality failure limits are exceeded on some solid bodies… in ansys meshing
- Problems in the meshing of my geometry
- Ansys Mechanical – Python Scripting – Access and input parameter
- Fluent Meshing Batch Mode – Problems workflow commands
- Local mesh refinement with targeted edge lengths at specified areas
- Mesh Element Quality Display Style Not Showing
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.