Fluids

Fluids

Initialisation

• charles delepelaire
      Subscriber

hi all,

what's the hell beetween standard initialisation and hybrid initialisation ?

regards charly

• Supreetha J
      Subscriber
      Hello,

Standard initialization takes the values defined by the user for the solution variables and initializes the flow field to these values. This is the recommended approach for advanced simulations such as those involving porous media. 

Hybrid on the other hand, provides a slightly more realistic approach by imposing a non-uniform initial guess. In this method, a Laplace equation is solved to determine the velocity and pressure fields, and all other variables are automatically patched, based on domain-averaged values or a predetermined interpolation approach. This is the default initialization method in Ansys Fluent and works well for a wide range of problems.  

For more information, do check Initializing the Solution section of Ansys User’s Guide 32.9. Initializing the Solution (ansys.com)
      If you are not able to access the link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Hope this helps!

Regards,
      Supreetha
    • charles delepelaire
      Subscriber

[EDIT] i can't acces url cause it redirect me on the create account page where i'm asked to give license key product, but i use ansys etudiant version and i can't find my license key ..

• Nikhil Narale
        Ansys Employee

Please check the 2nd link provided by Supreetha. 

• charles delepelaire
      Subscriber

it seems my problem is different like on the second link, i already cpied the link and pasted it to url tab…

but arrived on this page :

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Make sure you follow the 1st step before pasting the link.

1. First open the help section of Ansys through the software ( ? button on the upper-right side of the Fluent Solver User Interface: This opens help in a browser)
      • charles delepelaire
        Subscriber

ok thanks i did a misunderstood on my first read

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.