Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Initialising license problem

• MJ1998
      Subscriber

HI!

I have been using the Ansys Student Version for a couple of weeks now and everything has been going well.

But when i tried to open Ansys in this morning, it would start. After it shows me the loading picture (see photo) it closes without an error notification. I have tried to find a solution on this platform and i uninstalled and reinstalled Ansys twice. Nothing has changed.

If anybody has any idea what i could try next, please let me know!

Thank you for your help

MJ1998

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Could you please check if you have the student.lic file under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensing and when you open the file, what date does it say? 

INCREMENT aa_t_i ansyslmd 9999.9999 30-apr-2019 uncounted

Also, please open a command prompt (Start  >Type cmd and hit enter) 

ping %COMPUTERNAME%

What do you see?

Thanks,

Divya

• MJ1998
      Subscriber

Hi! thanks for your reply! I did what you said and you can see the outcome in the pictures

Would could/should i do next?

MJ1998

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi MJ1998,

Let's see if you have licensing issue at all or this is a different issue.

Try this test,

open up CMD Prompt, then issue the following command (NOTE: change your installation path accordingly)

"C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" -checkout aa_t_i

If your licensing is fine, you should see the output like

"..... INFO Demo license file  C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic exists.

aa_t_i OUT ....."

Thank you,

Win

• MJ1998
      Subscriber

Thanks tsiriaks! that worked! so i guess my license should be fine... what else could have gone wrong.. do you or anybody have an idea?

thanks

MJ1998

• LucasVieira
      Subscriber

Hi, i'm having the same problem. Just did what tsiriaks recommended, got this response:

This is how Fluent's console looks like when initiated:

I've read a thread that said this error it's related to a random file that have been, somehow, modified in the future, but i've used, as recommended, the command datemodified: and browsed until 2050, checked hidden files, but there was no match. 

Reinstalled a few times, did several attempts to run as adm, but still no clue on how to fix it. Any thoughts? Thank you!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi MJ1998,

Thanks for trying that. Yes, that means you don't have any issue with licensing. This issue is something else. 

Can you try temporarily turning off your Firewall and anti-virus software ?

Also try launching Workbench with 'run as administrator' , see if it makes any difference.

LucasVieira,

Did you search files in your entire systems ? I would recommend to create a new thread for yourself but I think you have all info regarding this issue. It's a matter of find the files that cause the issue. You can also just google FlexNet error code -88 since this issue is from the FlexNet licensing.

Thanks,

Win

• Afriverat
      Subscriber

Hi I have the same problem as MJ1998, I already tried to open WorkBench without firewall and antivirus and it did not work thanks

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Afriverat, create a new thread and include screenshots of the error and the command output that i asked for earlier in this thread.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.