August 30, 2019 at 5:00 pmhasane3Subscriber
Hi I am new to ANSYS and any help would be appreciated.
I have created beams using 3D printer and I need to simulate the beams on ANSYS as well. I have checked through the ANSYS material database and cannot seem to find the properties matching the required one. I am not sure on how to create the new material and a step by step guidance would be appreciated.
I have attached the material properties.
August 30, 2019 at 6:54 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Just create your own material. Drag and drop the model from the toolbox on the left.
August 31, 2019 at 10:57 amhasane3Subscriber
Thanks for replying but there are certain properties such as shear modulus, yield strength and tangent modulus that I do not know. I only have the material properties that I have attached earlier.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.