Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Input Workbench Mesh Component into Workbench Static Structural Component

• rick825
      Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

I have developed a geometry and mesh for a 2D static structural analysis.  The attached Workbench schematic reflects my completed stand-alone mesh component that I would like to insert into the static structural component.  I figured out how to import the geometry but not the mesh into the static structural componentWorkbench Schematic for Question.  Could someone help me with this?

Thank You!!!!

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Why not import the geometry and mesh it directly in Static Structural? You should've all the same features available?

• rick825
      Subscriber

I had hoped to keep the geometry and meshing distinct from analysis issues.  I spent much time working to generate a good mesh and was hoping, since mesh is a component, to add it to analysis later.  I'm basically looking for a way to utilize the work I already completed and move forward.

Thank You for your response!!!!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The Mesh component in the Toolbox is for CFD meshing. You made a mistake using that for meshing instead of a Static Structural analysis system. Workbench will not link a Mesh component to a Static Structural model.

It is possible is to have one Mechanical Model, and multiple Static Structural models. This is what you should do.

• rick825
      Subscriber

Yes this is exactly what I am looking for.  Thank You!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.