March 23, 2021 at 2:39 pmDoodlerDSubscriberHi,nI have a registered version of Ansys 14. Could I install Ansys Student 2021 R1 on the same PC without causing problems for with the existing license? I will not be using the older version for the next few months.Thank you! n
March 23, 2021 at 4:24 pmRobAnsys EmployeeThe Student licence manager reacts badly to the normal version, and vice versa. Having both usually means neither will work, and the last (and only) time we tried it in our office it required a reinstall of pretty much all the Ansys software. My team leader is still complaining about that as it was his PC and we typically have 4-5 versions of the code installed..... nR14 is ancient so I'd suggest updating the registered version too. n
March 23, 2021 at 5:36 pmDoodlerDSubscriberThanks n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.