Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Install segmentation violation

• dvankran
      Subscriber

I am trying to install the 2019 R2 software, but every time it the install gives the following error message. I have tried disabling all firewalls during the install but to no avail. Any recommendations?

• dvankran
      Subscriber

ANSYS installation: Sun Aug 18 11:55:43 2019
      Revision: 2019 R2

###### Error #######
         Error executing configuration script 'C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708

configAnsConfigCommon.tcl'
         '"C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708tclbinwinx64tclsh.exe" "C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708configAnsConfigCommon.tcl"  -installdir "C:Program FilesANSYS Inc" -rev 194 -dotrev 2019 R2 -scripttosource "C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708configConfigCommon.tcl" -sourcedir "C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708" -os_lang en-us -install ' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 
             Unknown error
         Exit Code: 1
         child killed: segmentation violation
             while executing
         "exec $cmdPath -install"
             invoked from within
         "if { $config == 1 || $unconfig == 1 } {
            set config_dir "$installDir\v$revn\commonfiles\configs"
            if { [ string compare -nocase "$env(ANSYS_SYS..."
             (file "C:UsersdvankAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp3708configAnsConfigCommon.tcl" line 25)

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

What is the output of 

set

from CMD Prompt ?

Thanks,

Win

• dvankran
      Subscriber

Hi, please find it attached

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please post into the message: staff are not permitted to open attachments. 

• dvankran
      Subscriber

I tried that first, but it wouldn't let me post

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

you can do it like this

type the following in CMD Prompt

set > C:tempset.log

this will create 'set.log' file under C:temp folder. Open that file with notepad or something, then copy the content of it (text) and paste it into this post.

Thanks,

Win

• dvankran
      Subscriber

Yeah I didn't have a problem getting the text into the post, it just wouldn't let me submit the post

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

oh I see.

Hmm... can you try posting the 'inline image' of the screenshot of this output again ? 

Thanks,

Win

• dvankran
      Subscriber

Here is the original error

and here is the result of set

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

It's odd that you get segmentation violation from this.

What if you create a test Windows user account like 'abc' (without quote), then reinstall it with 'run as administrator' (make sure you first wipe out C:Program FilesANSYS Inc and E:Program FilesANSYS Inc   folders)

• dvankran
      Subscriber

I've tried the install on 3 different computers, it gives the same error each time

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

are you using same username for all of these ?

What is the default directory when you launch CMD Prompt ?

Do you have any anti-virus or security software running ? Can you try disabling them for a quick test ?

• dvankran
      Subscriber

I am not using the same username for all of these. The default directory is C:Usersdvank. I have tried disabling all anti-virus when installing, and have obtained the same result each time.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Just to confirm, you run the 'setup.exe' with 'run as administrator', right ?

Do you have enough disk space in C drive ?

Can you scan hard disk to see if there is any bad sector ?

• dvankran
      Subscriber
      Yes I'm running as admin, and yes there is enough space. Ivee tried installing on 3 different computers and 4 different hard drives, I highly doubt there's issues with all of them
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

are you using exact same copy of installation package on all these machines ? If so, right click on your 'unzipped' installation package -> Properties , then post screenshot here

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.